Buying a Condominium in Burlington, Oakville or Mississauga.
More and more homebuyers in Burlington, Oakville and Mississauga are turning to the condominium lifestyle.
With a multitude of styles, complexes and locations, condominium ownership can appeal to both those leading a fast-paced lifestyle, as well as retirees.
Condominium ownership comes with numerous benefits that help the homebuyer achieve a more comfortable and stress-free life.
- Affordability-Purchasing a condominium can be significantly lower than purchasing a detached home.
- Security and Personal Safety-With nearby neighbours and various security measures in place, condominiums are an attractive choice for those who live alone or travel frequently.
- Organized Recreational and Social Activities-There are numerous adult lifestyle condominium complexes in Oakville and Burlington that offer residents a wide choice of orgainzed activities and classes.
- Less Maintenance Required-Condominium complexes usually have outdoor maintenance and yardwork taken care of as part of the monthly fees.
- Lower Insurance Costs-As a condominium owner (freehold condominium exception) you will be responsible for insuring your personal belongings, the interior of your unit and personal liability. The condominium corporation is responsible for the common ownership areas and exterior of the units.
- Investment Value-Condominium values continue to rise in the Oakville and Burlington areas, making a conominium purchase a wise choice for investors.
- Decreased Energy Costs-The majority of condominiums share outside walls in common with their neighbouring units and this serves to greatly decrease the amount of energy required to heat and cool each unit. In addition, many condominium complexes supply hot water to the individual units from a common source. This can greatly reduce your monthly electricity costs.
- Lower Property Taxes-Municipal taxes for a condominium unit are comparably lower than taxes for a detached home.
Buying a condominium is a wise decision and having a real estate sales representative who understands and is knowledgeable about the condominium buying process and what to watch out for, can bring a smooth and enjoyable buying experience that you will remember with pleasure.
As a Licensed Real Estate Sales Representative in the Oakville/Burlington area, I would be honoured to help you through the condominium buying (or selling) process.
To receive a book on Buying A Condominium at no cost or obligation to you, contact me at OakvilleandBeyond@gmail.com or 647-782-9057.
Jo-Anne Smith, the author of this article, is a REALTOR® with Your Choice Realty , Burlington, Oakville and Mississauga, Ontario and welcomes your real estate inquiries. To contact her by email: Email Jo-Anne Smith