Ahhh, summer. What could be finer?
Lazy days spent by the lakeshore gazing at the rippling water. Starry nights where the velvet sky is endless in it's vast and lonely depths.
Garden parties and festivals in the open air with a thousand white, folding chairs lined up in a row while bands play on an open stage and feet everywhere keep time with the tune.
It's almost summer, glorious summer!
This is the season for tourists and festivals and beaches and camping and outings to historical sites and outdoor concerts and hikes to places of un-imaginable beauty.
Everywhere, absolutely everywhere, there are places that should be seen at least once.
We, the residents and business people of each community, have the opportunity to write about these places and let the newcomers or visitors to our areas in on the best places to see or things to do.
What better place to do this than with our blogs?
As announced in an earlier post, the Localism Success and Accountability Group is into it's 7th month now and with the advent of summer and tourism season, it's time our group hosted it's first contest!
The TOP 5 contest is an opportunity for you to write a post about the TOP 5 places to visit or things to do when visiting your little corner of the world.
- Perhaps there is a beautiful beach or archaeological feature where you live that everyone should see when they come to your region.
- Perhaps it's a historical site or a natural feature such as a waterfall.
- Perhaps it's a man-made theme park or zoo or waterpark. It's up to you!
What are the TOP 5 attractions that a visitor or newcomer to your region should see and why?
1. Your post must be entirely your own writing and there is no limit on length.
2. Your post must be posted to the Localism Success and Accountability Group and to Localism in your area.
3. At the end of the contest, each entrant will be given a list of all entries and asked to rate them; hence each entrant will also be a judge for the contest.
You will not be rating your own, however.
I have asked Carole Provenzale to assist me in compiling the final results and only she and I will see the ratings that each entry is given.
4. Your post must include 5 of the TOP things to do/see in your area.
5. The title of your post must include the words 'The TOP 5' or 'The Best'.
6. The contest will run from June 13th to the end of the day June 30th.
7. Your post may be used towards your Localism Success and Accountability Group goals if you are participating in the group and will fall into whichever goal period it is posted under.
8. You must be a member of the Localism Success and Accountability Group in order to participate. Group membership is open to all Active Rain members.
9. Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- 1500 Points~ First Place
- 1000 Points~ Second Place
- 750 Points~ Third Place
- 200 points ~ For all other entries (over and above the 200 standard post points. Please note that you may enter as many entries as you wish, however you will only receive the 200 additional points for one of your entries).
Each winning entry will be featured in the Localism Success and Accountability Group for 7 consecutive days
AND, IN ADDITION
the TOP 7 posts will be featured in a SPECIAL EDITION of the Active Rain Newsletter !!
The newsletter, produced by Active Rain, will be sent out to all Active Rain members within a week of the contest closing date.
Hats off to Active Rain for this brilliant idea that gives even greater exposure to the winning entries!
I will keep a running list of entries at the bottom of this post, so check back often.
If you post an entry and don't see it on the list, please let me know by email or in the comments section of this post so I can be sure to add it to the list.
The best of luck to all of those who enter !
Edited: Here is an ongoing summary of all entries to date. Drop by each one and read about the best of the best from each area of our wonderful members! :
Top 5 Things to Do in Gilbert, AZ, Even in the Summer!!
Elena Thurston, Family Real Estate Specialist
THE TOP 5 THINGS YOU GOTTA DO AND SEE IN SUNNY MIAMI!!!
Top 5 Things to Do in Costa Mesa with Young Kids
Christine Donovan Costa Mesa Real Estate (Broker/Attorney)
The BEST THINGS to Do While Visiting the Hawaiian Islands!!
Celeste "SALLY" Cheeseman (RA), Hawaii Real Estate & Hawaii Relocation
Best of Bucks County. Top five things to see and do when you visit.
GITA BANTWAL, REALTOR BUCKS COUNTY, PA HOMES
'The TOP 5' Things to DO and SEE in Lake Arrowhead, California
Kathy "Kat" DeLong, REALTOR
The Top 5 Things to Do in the D.C. Metro Area according to Local REALTOR Brian Block
Brian Block -- Northern Virginia & D.C. Real Estate
The TOP 5 (The Best!) Things To See and Do In The Temecula Valley
Tom Plant - Murrieta Real Estate Expert - Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Top 5 Things to do in North San Diego County
Deborah Burroughs, Agent/Loan Officer
The Top 5 Thing to Do When You're in Prince William County, VA
Chris Ann Cleland, GRI
Vero Beach, Florida, 5 Top Things To Do
Barbara Martino-Sliva, Vero Beach Real Estate, Homes for Sale
The Top Five-Things You Most do While Visiting the DC Area
Cindy Jones-Offering Real Estate Service for the 21st Century in Northern VA
Top 5 Things to Do in the Triangle Area of North Carolina
Tracy Santrock - Cary NC Real Estate
Sunday Morning New Hampshire~#13~My Favorite Top Five Spots In Concord, New Hampshire
Joan Mirantz- Concord New Hampshire Realtor
The Top 5 Things To Do In The Charlottesville, Virginia Area
Pam Dent -Charlottesville, Albemarle,VA horse farms, residential, country homes
The Top 5 Things to do in the Phoenix, Arizona Area
Kathy Anderson - Sun City Grand Real Estate
The Top 5 Things to Do & See in Lower/Middle Westchester, NY
The Top 5 (Bestest in the Westest!) Things to Do in Chilliwack & The Surrounding Area, B.C. this Summer
Liz Moras, Re/Max Associate Broker Chilliwack (Vancouver), B.C.
Maui Wedding Anniversary - the top 5 things to do
Georgina Hunter Maui Realtor
Jo-Anne Smith, B.Sc.
Royal Lepage ProAlliance Realty, Brokerage
Jo-Anne Smith, the author of this article, is a REALTOR® with Royal Lepage ProAlliance Realty, Brokerage, in Belleville, Ontario and welcomes your real estate inquiries. To contact her, visit www.QuinteRegionRealEstate.com